In Why Tweaking Your Career Vocabulary Can Radically Improve Your Life Fast Company features some of performance expert Amber Rae’s “Unconventional Dictionary,” a reference for “living on your own terms and rewriting the story that guides your life.”yes. adverb.
1. a word only to be used when it reflects your true desires.
2. an expression used when you experience an overwhelming feeling of “Wow! That would be amazing! Absolutely! Hell yes!“work. noun.
1. your individual contribution to the world.
2. activities that exist beyond the hours of 9 to 5.
3. the intersection of our talents, desires, and what the world needs.passion. noun.
1. a powerful driving force existing inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision and dream a reality.
2. something that fulfills you beyond the money you make.[Image: Flickr user jDevaun]
Here is a quick peek at Fast Company’s From Phones To Tablets: 23 Apple Designs That Never Came To Be
Frog design’s founder Harmut Esslinger talks about the developmental process and history of Apple in the new book Design Forward: Creative Strategies for Sustainable Change.
Here are a few of the designs that never came to fruition…
Apple Snow White 3, “Macbook,” 1984
The Apple Snow White 2, “Americana,” 1982.
Apple Snow White 3: the prescient “Macphone,” 1984, featuring a tablet screen
Apple Snow White 1, “Modular Mac,” 1982
Apple Snow White 1, “Lisa Workstation,” 1982
Truly history in the making… for more click here.
Here they are: The 50 actors, stand-ups, TV hosts, Twitterers, radio personalities, septuagenarians and sports analysts making us laugh the most right now. In making this list, we took the “now” part seriously, and focused on comedians’ recent work. That meant excluding some all-time greats who aren’t very active as funnymen (or aren’t doing their best work at the moment) in favor of people who are truly killing it out there these days.
Today marks the kick off for the annual hearding of cinema’s elite—the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. This coming week will usher in an incredible amount of new and inspiring work from across the globe, hopefully, to be picked up by distributors and infultrated into theaters around the country and abroad. This week,we expressed which upcoming Sundance films we’re most excited for—from Richard Linklater’s third installement in his decade-spanning separated love series with Before Midnight to Shane Carruth’s long-awaited bewildering sophomore feature, Upstream Color. But it’s not only the feature length debuts that will be receiving praise and recognition—the short films this year are certainly not to be missed.
Ask Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally your relationship questions, because there is no one else whose relationship is more enviable.